From the humble beginning of building my kids a playhouse to the products on offer now, neoshed provides modern design green products. Neoshed researches materials and construction methodology to ensure the most efficeint use of materials, money and energy. With a background as a architect trained in Britain and several years of experience in woodworking and light carpentry, I strive to create fuctional products with care and attention to detail.
Our products are made to order by skilled craftsman using the best materials available. By efficient use of materials, we minimise waste and build a better product.
- Our panels utilise 2x6 framing allowing more insulation to be added for a higher R value.
- We use plywood for our outer skins to add structural rigidity.
- Our floor system is pressure treated 2x framing with deck wrap to the ends where the joists sit in galvanised metal hangers.
- Where code allows, we sit the unit on concrete dek blocks rather than a true foundation. The dek blocks allow for the underside of the floor to breathe and and allows the unit to move with any ground shift that may occur.
- House wrap and peel and stick flashings allow breathability and prevent water infiltration.
- Ventilated battens allow air movement behind the rain screen cladding.
birdhouses and feeders
- We use thermally modified wood for all or our birdhouses and feeders and requires little maintenace apart from cleaning with soap and water.
- We leave the inside the house free of finish unless asked to use shellac.
- Our houses are built for specific birds so let us know the type of bird its for.
- Our houses feature a magnetic touch latch which allows the bottom of the house to open for cleaning.
- Our houses allow for drainage and airflow..
- Our feeders have a removable seed box to make cleaning and refilling easier.